Monday, March 28, 2011

life is good today...

Today has been a productive one so far! I am so happy that it has been too because it seems that I can't get anything done lately. Spring cleaning is in session.

Brady has been is going through a phase where he doesn't want to be put down. He usually will play with his toys on his play mat, sit in his bumbo, or watch cartoons on his own, but not recently. It's not seperation anxiety like I thought it was... he just wants to see what is going on at all times. This has left me with absolutely NO time. I love playing with him, don't get me wrong. I just would like the opportunity to clean, cook, or just relax a little. He is refusing to nap which leads to huge fits. I just put him down for a nap after he fell asleep drinking his bottle at 2pm. He is now awake at 2:15 and sitting in my lap as I type this. Crazy boy. He finally has his 4 month check up tomorrow after I rescheduled 3 different times. This means shots :(

This weekend was one of the best weekends the three of us have had together so far. We don't get many weekends where we have nothing planned and get to stay home. This was one of those weekends. Saturday morning we went to the zoo. It was a really good day. Brady was very well behaved. He is still a little young for me to point out all the animals to him, but he did see the ones we could get pretty close to. Wade hadn't been to the zoo since he was really little so I think he enjoyed it more than either of us. After the zoo, we came home and all three of us napped together. We woke up and went to for a run because it was such a pretty day & came back and watched Wade shoot his new bow for a while. I love the simple, perfect weekends.

I have been struggling with relationships lately. I have the best relationship with Wade and Brady. I don't think it could get any better. Some other relationships, not so much. I have always been the one to keep in touch with everyone. I always go out of my way for friends and family & never have expected anything in return. I think lately that started bothering me. I want to feel like those people need and want me in their life too. So, I stopped going out of my way. Not that I don't care about them or don't want to talk or see them anymore, but I am busier than most people with jobs and school. They have no excuse. Its kind of funny to hear most of them say "Why don't you call me or why haven't I heard from you?" It does go both ways! I do have the couple of friends and family that are very faithful and are always calling and texting me. I appreciate them so much. Staying at home with Brady all the time does make me feel kind of lonely sometimes, so I would like to feel important to others and know they are still there for me.

On that note, I have decided to finally join the baby bootcamp. I am proud of myself for going running as much as I have lately but I need some strength training and someone to push me a little harder. Its also a good way to meet new friends and moms. I can always use advice from experienced mothers. I think it could come in handy knowing more people around here too, especially when I have to start working and am going to need recommendations on who or where Brady will be taken care of (I am not looking forward to that day at all). I'm excited to start a new work out routine and lucky to have the support of Wade behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment