Tuesday, March 8, 2011

a nut doesn't fall far from the tree...

It has been a little while since I have been able to sit down and write a new blog post. This past week seemed to be pretty busy.
 Last Wednesday Brady starting tugging at his ear and getting a bit fussy. He hardly ever cries anymore unless he is just tired. I was really hoping he was starting to get a tooth, but the Dr. said he had an ear infection. Not fun! They prescribed amoxicillin and sent us on our way. Thankfully, he starting feeling better quickly.
    I've been way off my game lately. I have been pretty good about working out at least 5 times a week. By working out, I mean doing cardio for about an hour. Last week, Wade and I wanted a night out together, so we went to the rodeo with a couple of friends. I drank a little too much & had a hard night of getting up with Brady. I skipped my run the next day and since then haven't felt the energy to get out and go running. I don't know what the deal is but I hope I get out of my funk soon because I really want to get back into shape.
   On another note, Brady cracks me up. He gets more and more fun each day. He is pretty high maintenance for a boy, but I think that is because he is so active and always, always moving! He is such a nut. When I put him on his play mat in the living room, I always face him away from the TV so he doesn't sit there and watch it the whole time. Today I was washing dishes and watching him from over the counter and he turned a 180 with his feet to where he could see the TV and play during commercials. He outsmarted me. I use to do the motorboat sound to him every time I changed his diaper to keep him entertained. He started doing it back to me over a month ago and now takes it to the extreme. Wade jokes that if I would have been telling him to say "mama" instead of the motorboat noises, he would already be talking. So, now I tell him to say "mama" every time I change him. He just spits at me and laughs. He has a hard time falling asleep sometimes, so I will go lay in bed with him until he falls asleep. He is so sweet. He just stares at me and rubs my face. I know when he is about to fall asleep because he always puts his hand underneath my chin and stays still. I rub his face a lot when he is sleepy, so I wonder if that is what he is doing back to me. His personality is starting to grow more and more. I think a lot of the things he does are a lot like me. He is a lot funnier and cuter than I am though! Me and Wade love that little turkey so much!
   Speaking of turkey, hunting season for turkey is coming up. Mentioning this is going to make Wade so proud! He has been dying for me to hunt ANYTHING. I've never shot a gun before, so he suggested a cross-bow for me to get a turkey with. We just got a brand new one and he is so ready to get out to the Berger Ranch so I can get that turkey. I'm kind of nervous because I don't want to miss it but excited at the same time. I'm still not sure if I will ever be able to kill a deer, but I can definitely take out a turkey with no guilt. I hate all birds and love to eat turkey, so I'm set!
   That's about all I have going on in my head for today. I'm ready for a new day and to get motivated again! God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. David says a crossbow is more difficult to shoot and hit your target with. I guess with anything you just need to practice. But really, you should learn to shoot. It's so much fun! I love shooting, but I never aim at anything living. I've never hunted. I'll never kill anything, even a stinkin' bird! Wonder if the Bergers go with the policy, you kill it, you clean it. That may change your mind...lol. I just don't think girls should hunt...it's icky!

    ReplyDelete