Today has been good to us so far. We got up as a family, ate breakfast & went on a walk around the lake. Brady loves his new jogging stroller. I know this because he passed out as soon as we started our walk. I love having Wade home with us because we all three get to play together. I love my little family!
Complete exhaustion set in yesterday from not sleeping all week. My mom came into town to hang out so I had help with B. We stayed busy so I didn't notice how tired I really was. When Wade got off work, we went and met some friends for dinner. They gave us their wonderful news that they were expecting their first child. We are so very happy for them. We talked pretty much the whole dinner about babies and pregnancy, but had the Staats family in the back of my mind still. I know I need to shake these thoughts or I will never get any rest. So that is what I tried to do.
We got home right around Brady's bed time. I rocked him to sleep and put him in his crib. This time I said a prayer for him and decided to go to my own bed. I only stared at his monitor for a couple minutes, then made myself turn over and close my eyes. I fell asleep quick. I was sleeping pretty hard, but woke up only an hour and a half later. I told myself not to look at Brady's monitor and just go back to sleep, but thank God I did. We still swaddle Brady at night because he has wild arms that fly over his head when he lays down and constantly wake him up. He sleeps way better when he has that blanket around him. He is starting to get too big for us to do that and sometimes wiggles his way out of it. Last night Brady apparently wanted his arms over his head. Well the blanket decided to go with them and when I looked at the monitor, all I saw was that blanket covering his face. My heart completely stopped. I sprinted to his room and grabbed the blanket off. He was still sound asleep and just fine. That blanket is never going in his crib again.
I do believe everything happens for a reason. That was definitely a lesson to us. Brady will just have to learn to sleep without being "tied down". I am so sooo thankful "something" woke me up last night. God works in mysterious ways.
So after that incident, sleep wasn't even an option. I just laid there thinking until the sun came up.
Sleep will come some day, but today I am going to enjoy my two boys.

Em sleeps with the blanket over her face like David does. But I remember the first time I found her like that...I just about had a heart attack, so I know the feeling. I have a swaddle blanket you can have with the velcro straps. Em never used them because she would just kick out of them. (She likes to sleep with her left leg up on the side of the crib) Let me know if you want it.
ReplyDelete