Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The incredible year of 2010

2010 was such a crazy/amazing/fulfilling year for me. I cannot believe it is already over, but it was definitely a year that I will cherish forever.
It started off with a friendship turning into a relationship. I met Wade at the gym where we both worked at the time. We had known each other for over a year at this point, but started talking and hanging out more and more. I wasn't sure if I wanted a relationship but he was determined to put away my single status & truthfully, he was too good to pass up. Our relationship was smoothe sailing. We have fun together, make each other laugh, and had no issues at all. A day in the end of March changed our lives forever. We found out I was pregnant. It was hard to take in at first. We were both in school with no steady income and were still at the start of our relationship. Like anyone would in our situation, we were kind of freaking out. After we got past the stress of telling our families and the first doctor appointment, we could not have been happier. We both love kids and wanted a big family of our own.
 Wade and I both knew we loved each other, so he began looking for a pretty, little ring. At the end of May, he proposed. I did not make that easy for him either.  A few days before he planned on proposing to me, I stepped on a nail. I had to go get a tetanus shot, which made me really sick. He originally had a weekend in San Antonio planned and was going to propose there, but I ruined that idea. Then, he was going to take me to the lake and have a picnic and do it there, but I was still sick. I was finally better that Sunday. He told me we were going to a nice dinner with some friends, but when we got in the car he had forgot his wallet. I noticed he was taking a long time, but I was finishing my make-up anyway. He called my phone and said he could not find his wallet but had left the door open and Molly (our dog) was out. He asked if I could bring her back in while he kept looking for his wallet. I walk to the front door where I find Molly sitting with a huge red how around her neck, looking as pitiful as ever. When I walked through the door, Wade had the whole room set up with candles and flowers. That is when he finally got the chance to ask me to marry him.
The following month we got to find out the sex of our baby. I had a pretty easy pregnancy so far. I was sick mostly at night, but it was not too bad. I was positive we were having a girl.  Both sides of our families have only girls and from the symptoms of my pregnancy, it seemed to us both that it was a girl. We went to our appointment with the synographer where he told us, "That looks like a little pecker wood right there!" I was in complete shock. I looked over at Wade and he had a smile from ear to ear that did not come off that entire day. We were having a boy! I had been preparing for months to learn how to make my own bows, looking at sweet little dresses and shopping for anything super girly. Don't get me wrong, I was so happy I just didn't know what I was going to do with a boy. Anyone that knows me knows that I am pretty much a girly girl, so having a boy was going to be a challenge.
Wade and I were married late August. We originally planned a very small wedding, but it some how turned into a fairly large one. I was worried about my nerves and stress while being pregnant, so I wanted the ceremony very small and family only. I was not nervous at all until I started putting on my dress and realized my belly had grown. I hadn't started showing too much, but I was now 7 months pregnant. The week before the wedding my belly just popped! We finally got my dress zipped, but anytime I would lean forward it would rip a little. The reception was fun but we were so ready to sleep!
Now that the wedding was out of the way, we could just focus on our baby. We still had not picked out a name because boy names are super hard to choose. It was between Greyson and Brady. We finally decided to name our baby boy Brady Wade Berger. Brady was due Novemeber 28th but I was scheduled for a c-section on November 19th because he was growing to be a large baby. The last month and a half was pretty boring for me because the doctor told us Brady could come any time and to take it easy. I did not want to go into labor because I did not want an emergency c-section, so I basically spent most of my time in the bath tub relaxing. November 19th came & we could not wait to have our baby. We went into the OR and not even ten minutes later heard that intense cry of Brady's. He was perfect! 8lbs 2oz and 19 1/2 inches long.
He was able to spend his first Thanksgiving at home with all of his family. He made out like a bandit for Christmas. Wade, Brady and I spent our first New Years together. It was simple and perfect.

To catch you up on what has been going on in the beginning of 2011...
around the first of January, Brady started smiling all the time. I got kidney stones and had to have surgery. We moved to Houston and Wade is working at St. Lukes. Brady is now 3 months old. I had my 24th birthday on the 20th & Brady gave his first giggle when mommy tickled him. He is still not sleeping all the way through the night but always goes right back to sleep after eating. Life is good Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment