Thursday, February 24, 2011

Every Day Is A Gift. That's Why It's Called The Present...

Today has been a good day. I love waking up next to Brady after Wade has left for work. He always wakes me up by wiggling and cooing. When he sees me look at him, he puts the biggest smile on his face. A lot of times he won't even eat because he is too busy looking up at me and smiling. He is definitely a morning person. That smile makes each day so joyful.

I am pretty restless today. I didn't sleep until I got Brady into my bed at about 6 am.
I was inspired to start this blog by a local woman who lost her 4 month old baby girl last week. Her baby's name is Maddie. She had quit breathing while at the sitters house on February 17th and doctors were not able to do anything for her. Her mother Kellie had been blogging about sweet Maddie since the beginning of January and continued as the horror of her little princess' death was going on. It helped her vent. Kellie and her husband are two very strong people. I do not know what I would do with myself in their situation, but I know I would not be as inspiring as they have been. If you are interested in Kellie's blog, her site is kandjstaats.blogspot.com. Just fair warning, it is truly heartbreaking & if you are a parent, make sure your little one is close by to love on them after.

So Kellie's blog stayed on my mind all day and night. I couldn't bare the thought of losing Brady. I haven't left his side besides when he was in his crib last night. Then I just stared at his monitor. I know I am completely paranoid now. Wade always tells me not to put those bad thoughts in my head, but I feel like I have been surrounded by horrible situations for many years and should be cautious as ever. I know what happens is out of my hands but I need to do what I can to prevent bad things from happening. There was nothing Kellie or her husband could have possibly done different.

I hope to live each day as it's my last and love as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment