Lately, everything seems to be so repetitive. Wade is back from Africa and started school at the Texas Heart Institute the day after he came home. It wasn't too hard for me to adjust to being with Brady by myself again since Wade had previously been gone for two weeks. Brady is still not sleeping through the night...or in his own bed. I'm not sure if it is because he is teething, having seperation anxiety or both. It is partially my fault because I eventually get so tired of getting up with him that I let him come to bed with us. He is still young and small enough for it not to become habit, but I'm getting desperate for him to at least stay in his own bed. I've been reading up on ways to get him to sleep and I have tried just about everything. Now, its just about patience. The thing that makes days drag on and run together is Brady fighting nap time. We have the hardest time to get him to nap. He is so active and doesn't want to miss a beat. The only time he sleeps is in his carseat, so sadly I've been putting him in it and rock him to sleep. Whatever works. He needs a lot more sleep than he has been getting, but there is not much more I can do about it.
Wade and I quickly realized that he is going to be crazy busy for the next year. He will have to be at the hospital from 5 am to 7pm everyday until then end of next June. We have made a routine for him to be able to spend as much time with Brady as he can, which is not much. We are pretty bummed, but he is doing such a great thing for our family. Besides, a year will fly by.
I started on Brady's scrapbook yesterday. I want it to be finished for his 1st birthday & I am glad I'm starting it now. I'm hoping to do at least a page a day. There are going to be at least 50 pages since its going to be of his whole first year. Its very time consuming and tons of organizing to do. I advise anyone that plans to do a little one's scrapbook on their own to start early!
That is all that is going on about now. Hope everyone is having a good summer so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment