Its been over a month since I updated my blog. Wade was done with his internship at St. Lukes in mid April and has been home with me since. We have had something going on almost every week/weekend, so it has made it almost impossible to sit down and write. So much has changed in the past month that has made me realize how much more blessed I am than I even knew.
Mid May, Wade graduated from A&M. He has had so many accomplishments and continues to have more and more. The next weekend Wade and I took our first vacation together. It was pretty tough to leave Brady for the first time, but we really needed a get-a-way together and I knew he was in good hands. We vacationed in the Florida Keys. It was very relaxing and quiet. We took an all day fishing trip and caught a ton of Mahi Mahi, but other than that all we did was eat, drink and lay in the sun. I loved getting away with my husband and can't wait for another trip... this time with Brady as well. Not only was it hard to leave Brady for our trip, but we had to leave him on his 6 month birthday. I can't believe he is already half a year old. And tomorrow he will be 7 months! Its so bitter/sweet. I love watching him grow and learn, but it makes me sad to see how fast it flies by. I just want to be able to hold him and rock him to sleep forever, but he gets bigger each day and I know that he is going to out-grow me before I know it. He is doing great at sitting by himself. We are working on crawling and talking still. He says "mama" but only when he cries. He teaches me something new every day. That sweet, little face of his melts my heart. I never knew I could love anything so much. I will still go get him out of his crib to snuggle up next to him some nights because I miss him. I hate that bad things seem to go by slowly and great things move so fast.
Speaking of time flying by, my niece Emily had her first birthday last weekend. Its so crazy how fast that went by & I'm sure it was a tough day for my sister. She had a great party and received tons of gifts.
This week has been a really big struggle for me. Wade left for South Africa to go hunting with his dad. Not only is he going to be gone for way too long, but I really dont get to talk to him much either. I did not realize how hard it would hit me until I dropped him off. I cried all the way home, mainly because I was worried about the 16 hour flight he was about to be on. Then I got home and everything is just so dead. Its quiet and lonely. I was spoiled to having Wade here to talk with and entertain me for a month straight. Eating dinner is probably one of the hardest parts of the day. We always get dinner ready, the three of us sit at the table and Wade says the prayer. It has just made me really sad to not have him here. Its hard for me to even talk about it, especially since tomorrow is his first Father's Day. I know it kills him to not be able to be with Brady tomorrow. I snuck a picture of Brady and a couple of Father's Day cards in his suitcase, but I know he will be hurting to be with his son. To make matters worse, I won't get to celebrate with my dad either. He's in out of state for work, so I dont get to see my dad or Wade. I may not even be able to talk to Wade, which has made him being away that much harder. I hope he has an amazing time, but I hope he doesn't want to go too far from us again for a long while! I have been trying to keep busy but it is just way too hot to run around town for Brady and I would just end up spending money on useless things. I did go to hobby lobby and get some blocks to make wall decor for Brady's room, but I already finished that project. I guess I need to go get a couple of books, so I dont go stir crazy. I miss my husband way too much and seriously cannot wait for him to be back. Anyway... the day after Wade gets back from Africa, he starts school at the heart institute. I'm curious to see how he is going to handle the jet lag and school. He will catch up eventually. Our one year anniversary is just around the corner! Since he will be busy with school, we may just do a small weekend get-a-way.
That is all that is going on for now. I'm a very lucky mommy and wife. I love my life, family & friends and would trade any of it for the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment